A delicious and savory meal plan with a totally different kind of burn.
For those who are not familiar, the Ketogenic (or Keto, for short) diet is a low-carb, gluten-free diet that encourages your body to produce ketones in the liver to use as energy.
A daily meal plan is an important part of your diabetes management, along with physical activity, blood sugar (glucose) checks, and, often, diabetes medications.
This 500-600-calorie meal plans makes it easy to follow a diabetes diet with healthy and delicious foods that help to balance blood sugar. The simple meals and snacks in this "Ketogenic "Keto" diet meal plan starving your body of carbohydrates (think whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables) and overloads it with fats to burn.
Special diets for type 2 diabetes often focus on weight loss, so it might seem crazy that a high-fat diet is an option. But the ketogenic (keto) diet, high in fat and low in carbs, can potentially change the way your body stores and uses energy, easing diabetes symptoms.
In a standard diet, carbohydrates cause your body to produce glucose, which serves as the body’s primary energy source. This allows fats to be stored, as they are not needed.
The Keto diet intentionally starves the body of carbs in order to induce ketosis, which is a natural process the body undergoes when deprived of foods. But rather than starving the body of food (we would NEVER do that) or calories, the Keto diet starves it of carbs and overloads it with fats to trigger the desired metabolic state.
Keto has been shown to be very effective in weight loss, and has also been linked to physical and mental performance benefits.
Our Keto meals:
- Contain about 500-600 calories
- Never frozen or canned
- Are nearly devoid of carbohydrates (about 5%) and high in healthy fats and proteins
- Help induce and maintain ketosis
- Have been shown to improve heart health, brain function, energy, and metabolism levels
Like with any diet or regimen, PharmX Meal Plan recommends that you speak with your physician before committing to a Keto diet. Keto can be particularly shocking for your body and metabolism. Each Keto meal item includes calorie and macro information for you to calculate your dietary intake and manage your exercise regimen.
If you have selected “Ketogenic” as your meal plan choice most likely you know what you are getting yourself into, if not let us educate you exactly what “Keto”, short for “Ketogenic really means.
- Keto is a high fat (healthy fats on our plan), moderate protein, and low-carbohydrate program that forces the body to utilize fat as energy instead of carbohydrates.
- The human body uses either “Glucose” found in carbohydrates or “Ketones” found in fats as sources of energy.
- When strictly depriving the human body from Carbohydrates your body soon learns to burn Ketones which are produced by your liver
- It is very important to intake plentiful amounts of healthy fats and leafy green vegetables when following the Ketogenic way of life
- In order to achieve a state of “Ketosis”, where your body is utilizing “Ketones” as energy, you must strictly follow this program
- The average person reaches Ketosis within 2-10 days, must consume less than 30g of carbohydrates a day in most instances, remember that includes vegetables as well, which have carbs surprisingly
- Benefits of following the “Keto” lifestyle are the following:
- Stimulate weight loss (great for weight loss challenges)
- Heart Health
- Brain Function
- Boost of Energy
- Boost to your metabolism
- Eases diabetes symptoms and reduce blood sugar levels
Macro Breakdown of a Keto Meal:
Fat = 75%
Protein = 20%
Carbs = 5%
Our Keto Meals range 500-600 Kcals per meal
*Seek a physician before fully committing to Keto, this can be shock to your body and systems and you want to make sure this goes in line with your current health and bodies needs.